12. NamecheapThe service and the name of Namecheap certainly have much in common, given that it is probably your best bet of acquiring a low-priced yet high-quality domain name. For instance, .org domains are available for as low as $9.99 and purchased with a single click of a button, whether you’ve just come up with the title of your brand, or transferred a current name to the company’s professionals. Prices are equally affordable for high-performance shared hosting buyers and those interested in managed WordPress hosting (with or without a site on the popular CMS platform), and object to both monthly and annual subscriptions. They all get a hands-on kit of creation material, from site builders to site analytics.
If you've ever been worried about the tremendous amount of power large data centers consume, you might want to sign up with Green Geeks. The "green" in the company's name reflects the Green Geeks' commitment to the environment. It purchases three times the energy it actually uses in wind energy credits, essentially putting energy back into the economy. The company does this through a form of renewable energy certificates, which, while a bit complicated, means that it's not just energy neutral, i's actually helping fuel the green energy economy.
The company doesn't list a virtual private server offering, but it bills its Elastic Sites service as a VPS alternative, offering the ease of use of a simple shared hosting plan and the performance and scalability of a VPS. GlowHost also offers a number of different cloud hosting plans, with special attention to providing enterprise-grade services.
The company's entry-point pricing is extremely low, and while this will buy you up to three years of very low-cost hosting, do be aware that its post-promotion price will increase substantially, putting its subsequent year pricing more in line with the rest of its competitors. That said, we liked its 24/7 phone customer support, SSD support on some plans and 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you aim to have a web presence, you've got to have email. It's a convenient way for potential customers and clients to send you a message, Word document, or other files. Thankfully, most web hosts include email in the price of their hosting plans. Some web hosts offer unlimited email account creation (which is great for future growth), while others offer a finite amount. You, naturally, should want unlimited email.
The company also offers higher-end Windows and Linux servers, available with Plesk and cPanel respectively. We were very intrigued to see that the company offers low-end Atom-based dedicated servers as well as the more traditional Xeon-based machines. One great resource for those doing some basic experimentation, or site development, is that it has a free, three-month trial for one of its lightly equipped Atom servers.
And while the free hosts we recommend guarantee you can keep your free hosting as long as you’d like, you will want to take advantage of additional (paid) features as your site grows. Those same providers offer paid plans to upgrade your service, however, serious site owners should strongly consider opting for a reputable, affordable, full-featured hosting provider.
11. Host MonsterNext on our list is HostMonster, an American web hosting company based in Provo, Utah. The company offers a basic hosting plan as well as VPS and dedicated plans. Founded in 1996, HostMonster is now part of the Endurance International Group. This is a huge web hosting conglomerate that owns 40 hosting brands.Individuals and business owners on the budget know HostMonster for its excellent uptime. The end-to-end hosting solution comes with free domain names, unlimited disk storage, webmail, unlimited GB of site transfer, support for international domains, and other best-in-breed features depending on the plan you’ve chosen. It is also a unique provider of free website scripts, among which message forums, form-mail scripts, social networking scripts, mailing lists, poll and survey software, and many more.
You can also find that some WordPress-centric hosting companies, like WPEngine offer expensive managed hosting services. It’s built specifically for running WordPress websites on it, and it’s optimized for speed, security, and scalability. Such services also come with many enhanced WordPress-specific features, which are not necessary for users who’re just starting out.
5. HostwindsHostwinds is considered as one of the best web hosting companies, for not only does it provide 99.999% uptime, it also offers superb 24/7 customer support. It boasts of 100% satisfaction rate for its users with a solid 60-day money-back offer. Its two data centers in Dallas, Texas, and Seattle, Washington have modern architectural design tailored for maximum data protection with natural cooling systems and a redundant A+B power system.Hostwinds provides SSL certification, VPN, and Minecraft SSD server hosting, on top of its regular web hosting packages that offer business hosting, shared web hosting, Windows VPS, Linux VPS, and dedicated servers. Its network design has a redundant communication pathway that secures availability and continued access should there be a path failure. In addition, it has an automatic failover mechanism that reroutes to new system pathways, should a server or pathway be compromised. Hostwinds offers its enterprise-level service and tools for as low as $3.29/month.
2. HostingerIf you’re looking for a cheap, yet very efficient MySQL, FTP & PHP hosting service, look no further than Hostinger. Developed to support individual site owners, small and developing businesses, Hostinger secures a free domain, unlimited disk and bandwidth, unrestricted access to premium support, and one of the fastest WordPress hosting services. In such fashion, Hostinger attracted over 29 million of free and paid clients on its side. Currently, it is investing in web design supplies to boost this number even more.A 30-day money-back guarantee is provided alongside any paid plan, to give prospective users a chance to examine features firsthand.
18. Host1PlusHost1Plus is a unified solution for VPS hosting, fast cloud storage, IPv4 & IPv6, and full DNS control. It comes with powerful API, KVM virtualization, and custom ISO for Windows and Linux users. The scalable architecture allows Host1Plus to follow your growing demands, and boost all necessary resources with both managed and unmanaged plans. All unmanaged plans are TUN/TAP/PPP enabled and come with SSD caching, 500 Mbps uplink, Virtuozzo & OpenVZ, backups, and RAID data storage for up to 32 IPv4 addresses. You can use Host1Plan to create your domain zones and edit records directly at your Client Area, and control several Linux OS instances (Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, CentOS, and Suse). You can also connect your virtual console to their emergency console to retrieve access to your server, and protect your data.
As longtime website owners and hosting nerds, we've been asked often: "Which web host is your personal favorite?" We recently decided to take this question seriously — exhaustively testing accounts with all the best web hosting services to analyze their uptime, features, pricing, support, and more. So who do we believe offers the best web hosting? See below for our top reviews of 2020, conveniently broken out by category:
Whether I’m geeking out with Ryan, Laura, and the team, or sketching out server diagrams to explain the basics to my grandmother, talking about a career in web hosting is always a creative endeavor, and I love it. Hopefully, this guide has cleared up some of the common confusions of hosting services, and you’re ready to sign up with the web host that best fits your upcoming site needs.
Hosting that is aimed at specific CMS platforms and tweaked optimally for them: e.g., WordPress hosting, Drupal hosting, Magento hosting, etc. In these cases, the best hosts do far more than just provide the minimal requirements for those platforms. They provide a rich, and fully managed environment so your site can perform like a well-tuned machine.